Business Education follows two main strands; Administration and Business Management.
Administration is crucial to all effective and efficient businesses and organisations. Using information and communications technology has become part of the modern environment to such an extent that it is now an essential tool for all work in administration in any business environment.
Business Management - business and enterprise are at the heart of national growth and development. Whatever career path you choose, Business Management can provide a valuable context within which to enhance your individual effectiveness in the world we live.
The courses on offer within the department are:
- S1 Business Education and Computing Science
- S2 Business Education, BOB@FHS, following the experiences and outcomes from Curriculum for Excellence
- S3 BGE Business/Administration & IT
- National 3 / 4 Business, National 5 Business Management
- National 3 / 4 / 5 Administration & IT
- CfE Higher Business Management
- CfE Higher Administration & IT
Staff in the department: Miss McHale, Mrs Foy and Miss Young.