Skip to main content

S4 Work Experience

If you haven’t already, you need to sign up to a placement from the folders in your SE class as soon as possible. Your Head of House can also help you with this.

You can also get a Self-found placement if there is a workplace you would like to go to but isn’t in the folder. Here’s what you have to do:

Identify where you want to go
Contact the employer by letter, ‘phone call or email – be polite, remember you are asking them to do you a favour not the other way around!
Once they have agreed to this, you need to get a Self-found placement form from Mrs Rennie in the office. This needs to be filled in by the employer
If the employer has been used before, this can be approved very quickly (within a week)
If not, Falkirk Council needs to check that the workplace is safe before you can go – this can take a bit longer so you need to do this as early as possible
Once your placement has been checked, the paperwork you need can be made up and signed by your parent/carer

All this needs to be done as soon as possible, as it may take quite a long time. You don’t want to lose out because you have run out of time!

If you have any questions about Work Experience, you can ask your SE teacher, Head of House, Mr Graveling or Mrs Rennie.

Falkirk High School is always very proud of its young people when they are on Work Experience as they are always very enthusiastic, hardworking and very well behaved. We are sure this will be the case this year!

Enjoy your placements…

My Futures in Falkirk


My World of Work